Are you tired of slamming hammers to nail your wood projects? While it takes a lot of effort to nail using a hammer, it can also become quite risky. Because when you are using a hammer to nail something, your fingers may also get smashed in the process at times.
The best solution is to use an electric nail gun in this situation. Using a nail gun gives you a lot of advantages over using hammers for nailing. It makes the whole process of nailing much more efficient, quick, and effortless for you.
Now, getting just about any nail gun won’t’ cut it out for you. You will need to get something that provides you with the qualities that you need in a nail gun for your projects.
That’s’ why through extensive research, I bring you a list of the best electric nail gun you can find out there. Let’s’ not waste any more time and jump right into it.
Every product is independently reviewed and selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Table of Contents
Top 6 electric nail guns
I bring you only 6 of the best electric nail gun choices among many different choices, so deciding on one becomes easy for you. No matter which one you choose, you end up with quality for sure.
|Arrow corded electric nail gun|| *Soft-grip handle ensures a comfortable grip
*Uses Arrow brad nails
*Oversized trigger, contact safety
|DEWALT 20V MAX* Cordless Brad Nailer|| *Tool-free jam release to quickly and easily clear nail jams
*Brushless motor of 18 gauge brad nailer maximizes runtime and durability
|Neu Master NTC0040||*Easy to use
*Value for money
Arrow electric nail gun
Do you happen to do a lot of DIY or lightweight woodworking project? If you do, then this is a nail gun that you can get a lot of use out of. While it’s’ not very powerful for professional projects, it can surely give you enough power on any DIY project you may work on.
A great thing about this nail gun is the adjustability options. You can adjust to different settings for various needs. It comes with 4 adjustable settings that are soft, thin, thick, and hard. These settings define the kind of project you are working with and suit the settings accordingly.
Another factor that makes it a very handy pick for your projects is the fact that you can work using this one for long hours. It’s’ very comfortable to use with an ergonomic handle. And it’s’ not very heavy either, which makes it usable for long hours.
The nail gun comes with a large cord, so you get better maneuverability on this one. You can move this around freely for using it in a congested area without too much trouble at all.
- The nail gun is great for comfortability and working for long hours
- You get decent power for lightweight DIY projects
- There are several adjustability options to use for suitable purposes
- It gives you good control and maneuverability for freedom of work
- The quality of the machine is top-notch, with high-quality components
- It doesn’t’ have enough power for all kinds of nailing
- Nails on this gun may jam sometimes
This is a great pick for anyone who wants to build some small projects out of wood and needs some light nailing done. It has got enough power for DIY projects but not for professional work.
Neu Master NTC0040
When you are looking for a quality electric nail gun at a reasonable price, this is the one you should pick. It doesn’t’ cost too much, but it surely has a lot of value to offer without any questions at all.
You can use this one for softwood projects. No matter what project you are doing, as long as you are using any kind of softwood, this one will surely come in handy. It also comes with adjustable power so that you can tweak the power levels of this nail gun according to your needs and the project.
There is no need to worry about fatigue in your hands when you have this one. It comes with an ergonomic handle that is easy to hold and has a soft grip. Even if you work for hours with this one, you won’t’ feel any fatigue or pain in your hands.
You won’t have to rely on any compressors or hoses to use this nail gun, making it very convenient. There are not many hassles that you have to go through for using the nail gun. Simply plug this in the outlet and start using it as you like.
- It’s’ a good quality nail gun for any kind of DIY project you may have
- There are adjustable power options so you can work with the right amount of power needed for your project
- It comes with a comfortable handle that prevents any kind of fatigue in your arms
- The nail gun is very convenient to use as you won’t’ have to rely on any compressor or hoses
- This is an absolute value for a money nail gun that any DIYers can try out
- It only works well with softwood; other types of wood may be an issue
- The cable can feel a bit short sometimes
I highly recommend getting this one if you know you will be mostly working with softwood projects. It will surely satisfy you with the nailing results on a softwood project.
DEWALT 20V MAX* Cordless Brad Nailer
Dewalt is a name that will always be on that list whenever it’s about power tools. This cordless brad nailer from Dewalt is no exception from their other tools. It serves the purpose of DIY woodworking quite well.
The first thing to look at here is the fact that it’s a cordless nailer. So, you won’t’ have to go through any hassles or wires or cables of any kind. This gives you the option to work with complete freedom without worrying at all.
One of the handiest features that you get on this nailer is the fact that you can set the depth of the nailing with this one. You can easily adjust the nailing depth to suit the needs of your projects accordingly.
Using this nail gun is super easy. You won’t’ have to go through too much trouble to use this one. It also has a quick jam clear feature that allows you to clear any nail jams from your nail gun without any tool.
- The battery backup you get from the nail gun is quite impressive
- It comes with some decent power that can get the most nailing job done
- Using this nail gun is super easy and doesn’t because any trouble at all
- With the cordless function, it’s very convenient to work with on your projects
- There are several tool-free adjustment features for better usability
- The nail gun feels a bit too heavy
- This one doesn’t use an entire clip or nail and leaves out some nails
If you don’t have a power outlet where you work or want to work outside, this is the perfect nail gun for you. Also, if you want to avoid the hassle of cords and cables, this should be your pick for sure.
Metabo HPT Framing Nailer
Are you looking for a nailer to work on your flooring or framing? Then, look no further because this might be the perfect pick for your needs. It’s’ a pneumatic nailer, so you can expect decent power coming from it, along with some handy features on the side.
Now, something I love a lot about this nailer is the depth adjustment feature that you get on this. With the depth adjustment option, you can simply define how much depth you want to work on and stay within that limit for the perfect results in your project.
Another factor that will impress you is the lightweight nature of this nail gun. Because of the lighter weight of this nail gun, you can expect a very comfortable usage out of it. It won’t because of any kind of fatigue or pain in your hands even if you use it for long hours.
The nail gun works quite well, and the bump firing feature on this is pretty quick as well. So, you can expect to shorten the time of nailing on your projects when you have this one.
- The nail gun is very much effective with decent power
- It has got a depth adjustment feature that doesn’t’ require any extra tool
- This nail gun is pretty lightweight, so you won’t’ have to worry about fatigue
- It operates very quickly, and it’s’ also very easy to use
- This nail gun is surely worth your money without any questions
- The nail gun can be a bit inconsistent with the accuracy
- The nose of the nail gun is a bit pointy, which leaves dents on the nails
This will be a great option if you want to do some heavy nailing, like on flooring or framing. It is packed up with power, so you won’t’ have to worry about any lack of power whatsoever.
CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Brad Nailer Kit
When you work with nail guns, many people get careless about the safety features. In terms of that, this nail gun kit shines above all. It comes with some amazing safety features to ensure that you don’t’ have to go through any nail gun accidents in your workplace.
This one is a cordless nail gun so you can expect great convenience out of this for sure. You don’t’ need to go through all the hassles of cables or cords at all. Also, the battery backup this offers is more than what you will need for most of your projects at home.
Something that you will love about this nail gun is the quickness and accuracy it offers in operation. This can save up a lot of your time while keeping the nails right on the point. The performance will always satisfy you with the kind of results you get for sure.
To ensure you get the best results, you get excellent efficiency from this nail gun. It offers you tool-free features like depth adjustments, clearing a jam, stall settings, and so forth. All these things make the nail gun very easy to use.
- This one comes with all the safety features that you need in a nail gun
- It performs exceptionally well, and you will have no complaints about the way this nail gun works
- The battery backup on this nail gun is pretty impressive
- This offers good comfort with the molded handles
- The nail gun is well worth your money
- You may face an issue when using the longest nails based on the permitted nail sizes.
- It’s’ not the most lightweight nail gun out there.
If you want the perfect functionality of a nail gun without any hassles or cords, this is the best you can get. It comes with some amazing power to meet your needs, and the nail gun quality is also top-notch.
NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic 21 Degree 3-1/2″
When you need some power on your nail gun to back you up in your projects, this is where you get it. It comes with some extreme power, but the cost isn’t that much. So, you are getting power, quality, and value in a single package with this nail gun.
Starting with the fact that this nail gun shoots nails flawlessly. If you shoot 1000 nails or 2000 nails, you will get consistent flawless nailing from this one. It’s’ just that good with the accuracy of the nails.
For the power, it has got more than enough power you may need in a DIY or home project. You can even use it for professional construction purposes if you want. While it may not be the best option for that, it can still get the job done quite well for sure.
Something that makes this nail gun worth a try is the reliability factor. It comes from NuMax, which is already known for making high-quality power tools. Most of the time, the build quality and components they use are top-notch, and this one is no different.
- The nail gun comes with some amazing power for the size
- It has got excellent precision in the nailing capabilities
- You get good value for money from this nail gun
- It’s’ quite reliable in terms of the quality of this nail gun
- It’s’ very comfortable and easy to use as well
- You may come across double fire or blank shot issues
- You will need to clean the gun more often
This gun will be perfect for anyone who wants to have that power in their projects. Sometimes, you may need quite a lot of power on your nail gun; in that regard, this will be a great pick within budget.
When you are out there looking for the best electric nail gun, you will need to go through several considering factors. Going through them will give you an idea of what you should be looking to get in your electric nail gun. Take a quick look at the buying guide for a quality nail gun.
Different kinds of electric nail guns (corded & cordless)
The easiest way to work around the different types of nail guns is to look at their power functionality. There are typically two types of electric nail guns that you get to see. One is corded, and the other is cordless.
With corded guns, you get good power coming from the nail gun. It’s good when you are working on heavy-duty projects. However, you will be limited in your movement because of the cord. Also, managing the cables and the cords can be a bit troublesome.
On the other hand, you don’t have to go through that hassle with a cordless nail gun. It’s’ very convenient to use, and you can use it wherever you want freely. But there are some issues like lack of power and limited time usage that make you wonder whether it’s worth your time or not.
The easiest way to decide on this is to look at your projects. If they require a lot of power and you have to work on them for long hours, then there is no way but to choose a corded nail gun. Otherwise, you can try out cordless nail guns for your projects.
Benefits of using an electric nail gun
You get plenty of benefits from using an electric nail gun over any other method for nailing on wood pieces. Let’s’ check them out one by one.
- Using an electric nail gun saves up a lot of your time in nailing the whole piece manually. Imagine having to smash your hammer all day to nail only half of your project and make your hands sore. Sounds awful, right?
- It doesn’t matter who you are; there is a chance that you may miss out on accuracy when you are using a hammer. With an electric nail gun, that will never be the case. They will always be accurate and nail in the same place you want to do it.
- They can be safer than using hammers and smashing them in your fingers. Even though nail guns can also cause injuries, there are several safety measures that you can follow for nail gun usage to avoid them.
- A nail gun is simply much more powerful than any other method for nailing. You can work on any heavy-duty project with a powerful nail gun without any worries.
Well, these are the reasons that buying an electric nail gun can be worthwhile for your projects.
FAQs About Your New Electric Nail Gun
Here are some commonly asked questions regarding electric nail guns –
What is the best electric nail gun for crown molding?
The best electric nail gun that you can get for crown molding is the NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic 21 Degree 3-1/2″.
What is the best electric staple nail gun?
The Neu Master NTC0040 has to be one of the top contenders for the best electric staple nail gun.
What gauge brad nails to use in a craftsman electric nail gun?
You will need to use 18gauge brad nails to use in your Craftsman nail gun. Still, you can refer back to the manual if you are unsure.
Who should purchase an electric nail gun?
An electric nail gun doesn’t come with a lot of power which is why it’s’ perfect for DIYers or home woodworkers. Even as a professional, you can keep an electrical nail gun to complete your small projects here and there.
How do electric nail guns work?
The basic mechanism behind a nail gun is spring loads and electromagnetic designs. Usually, there will be two diver axles that can rotate through the use of a motor. One of the axles is responsible for moving a gear train, while the other is responsible for a grooved disk.
Whenever you pull the trigger on your nail gun, a lever receives some form of pressure, and a cam gets turned. This results in pushing against a hammer that can compress the two spring loads in the gun; when the axle inside the gun turns, all the compression on the springs releases and fires off the nails.
All in all, getting the best electric nail gun comes down to choosing the type of gun you need. You may go for cordless or try out the corded ones. This dictates the option you end up with after going through everything.
To ease out the process for you, I have some recommendations even among this shortlist of 6 nail guns. If you want the most value out of your nail gun, then NuMax SFR2190 Pneumatic can be a good pick. It comes with power and affordability in the same package.
But if you are looking to get quality and performance with the convenience of cordless operation, then I would say CRAFTSMAN V20 Cordless Brad Nailer Kit is worth checking out.
Other than these two, you can still choose anyone from the list and end up satisfied because all the nail guns here come with good quality.